Antique Embroidery Textile Art Miao Hmong Costume #186
Antique Embroidery Textile Art Miao Hmong Costume #186 by Interact China at Linda's Plan. MPN: 738435895785. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. World Class Textile Art - Miao Tribe Antique Embroidery ArtMiao tribe embroidery has high artistic value and enjoys good fame worldwide. Miao ladies
World Class Textile Art - Miao Tribe Antique Embroidery Art
Miao tribe embroidery has high artistic value and enjoys good fame worldwide. Miao ladies (or called Hmong, same rooted) learn batik and embroidery since the age of six or seven, and spend months and years to hand embroider their own festival clothing, wedding dresses, apron and baby carriers. They know as much as 14 different hand stitching techniques and good at using colorful silk threads to make stunning effect. They incorporate gold paper cutouts, metal sequins, batik and woven pieces, making the embroidery exceptionally rich in colors, patterns and textures.
Diminishing Technique - Need to be Promoted and Preserved
Most antique textile pieces are decorated with flowers, birds and animals from the surrounding landscape - anthropomorphic and zoomorphic images that are often abstracted. Also, traditional auspicious designs are often found, along with patterns that are completely geometric. As increasing number of Miao ladies move from villages to cities, this exquisite textile art is diminishing, and collectors and museums from around the world are working hard to collect and preserve them.
"Amazingly rich in texture and design, an exquisite piece of artwork that is hand stitched by sophisticated technique, with very fine and detailed craftsmanship - a stunning piece indeed!"
* Item #: GZMICX186
* Measurements:22x 23 inches
* Item Brief: Embroidered baby carrier panel. Silk satin stitch and "coiled stitch" couching on cotton. Dragon and phoenix motif. This piece has about 40 years and is in good condition.
~ Browse Interact China for over 100+ different artworks in Ethnic Textile and Tapestry Arts ~
*** THIS IS 100% AUTHENTIC MIAO TRIBE ANTIQUE TEXTILE ART, NOT A REPRODUCTION ***
Features & Highlights
- Priority Handling ~ item ship within 24 HOURS via Registered Air
- Authentic Antique, Truly Exquisite, Finely Selected
- United Nation (UN) named Miao Costume as One of the World Cultural Relics, where Miao Embroidery is an integral part
- Browse 100+ different artworks in Ethnic Textile and Tapestry Arts @ Interact China
- Genuine Ethnic Miao Handmade Silver Bracelets, Earrings, Necklaces, Hair Pins, Rings, Tiara, Embroidered Skirts, Shoes and Bags available@ Interact China too!